Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Peace Out, Enjoy Life, Live the Adventure"


Ok, so how many of you guys have heard of Louis Cole?
If you haven't, go check him out. Seriously, do it.
It takes about 21.4 seconds on his Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/FunForLouis/featured) or about half of that time on his Instragram (http://instagram.com/funforlouis) to realize that he is living a crazy cool dream of adventure.

It takes about 49.7 seconds to start feeling totally pumped about life.
I mean, he is a skydiving, cave swimming, white water rafting, spear fishing, snake charming, kangaroo feeding, hot springs exploring, penny board riding, dread lock sporting, sunset marveling, head-over-heels surfing, deep sea diving, tower-repelling, never met a stranger, carpe diem type of man.

Louis Cole, inspiring the world to Live Mas since 2012.

Wow.

It takes about 104.2 seconds to start comparing your Instagram selfies to his. My dramatically captioned artsy photo just don't really stand up to a selfie with a Maori Chief or doing a backflip in front of the Taj Mahal.

It takes about 105.1 seconds to start planning your next trip.
I mean, how could you not? 592,287 people on Youtube hang on his every post. Through him, we vicariously get to travel to Brazil and Australian and Kenya and England and India and Norway and on and on and on and on.

It makes you wonder if it's possible. Could I possibly leave everything and just travel the world for a year? Two years? Forever?

The world is an awfully large place. People always say that the world is shrinking because of the internet, but I think the exact opposite is true. By being exposed to these crazy Youtube videos, I am inspired to live a life of adventure and exploration.

That doesn't even necessarily mean leaving my own city, though. It means that I live to the fullest every single day no matter where I am or how much money I've been given or how many friends I have or how healthy I am. Life doesn't wait until tomorrow. It starts today.

I choose to live life to the fullest today, tomorrow, and every day following that for the rest of my life.

And, maybe someday, I too will travel the world like Louis. But, more importantly, maybe I will be able to inspire someone else to seize each and every day with every bit of enthusiasm and energy they have for the glory of the Lord.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." -Master Oogway

"Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God." -Jim Elliot

"There is no passion to be found in playing small- in settling for a life that is less than the on you are capable of living." -Nelson Mandela

"We were made to be courageous." -Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment